Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Venting!!!

Since it's my blog I can vent and nobody can say anything right?!?! My last post wasn't exactly positive either, but things are just adding up lately and this is how I have been feeling. First of all, I have been sick lately. I have had the whole achiness, coughing, sore throat, headache...I think you get the point. I hate being sick, and most of the time I am sick I sit here and think "Which one of my family members is going to have it next?". I know I should probably be concentrating on taking care of myself and getting better, but by the time I start getting better someone else will have it and I have no time to rest.

We got our houseguests out Sunday, and even though in some ways I miss them it's SO nice to have my house back. Not for long though, because I start tending again this week. Fun huh!

I am suppose to take the kids to the dentist tomorrow. I also just realized that I am suppose to start tending again tomorrow. That should be interesting! Either Anth will be with me and we will have to deal with 5 kids at the dentist, or Anth will have to stay home with the girls I tend and I will have to deal with 3 kids at the dentist by myself. Neither way sounds exactly exciting, so I will just have to figure out which one is going to be the least hardest of the 2.

Anth still hasn't started working. The lady he has been talking to at the depot was apparently out all week last week, so now she has to do a follow up before they can give him a for sure answer on whether or not he has a job there. Then he also has a friend, who he has worked at with almost every job for the last 5 years, that just got on as a Superintendent for some construction company, and he is trying to get him hired too. It's really frustrating to have 2 jobs dangling right in front of your face and just not have a positive answer on either of them. Poor Anth seems to be giving up, because he has been trying so hard and nothing is happening. I know I've said it before and I will say it again...I hate this stupid economy right now!

Now my biggest issue...I call ORS (Office of Recovery Services for those who don't know what I mean) this morning to ask them if they have received Dominic's POS sperm donors taxes yet and when I will be getting them. The guy tells me they have received his taxes ($1600), and that they are scheduled to be released on September 27th. I say thank you and get off the phone with him and then realize SEPTEMBER 27TH??? There has to be some mistake! I have always been told they have to hold it 6 weeks not 6 MONTHS!!! I mean for hellsake people this is my damn money. The stupid POS can't hold a job for more than 3 months out of an entire year, and when they finally get money from him to help me support my child they are going to hold it for 6 FREAKING MONTHS! My aunt works for the IRS, so I plan on asking her if this sounds right and I also plan on calling back so I can double check that I didn't get some idiot who is misreading information, because anybody who has dealt with ORS probably knows as well as I do that a lot of them seem to be completely clueless when it comes to what they are talking about on your case.

Dom was suppose to have practice again today, but again I am sure it will be cancelled due to this LOVELY weather we are having. I put up Easter stuff the other day, and as I was doing it I was staring out at snow on our grass. That just isn't right! Easter is suppose to be all springy and pretty, but not here in Utah I guess. I have always said I should live in California with my mom's brother and sisters, but moving to Salt Lake is too far from my mom in my eyes so there is no way I will ever move to California! Well sorry to just unload on everyone, but this is my life right now.

2 comments:

Hayley said...

Ah ORS... aren't they a blast??? I'm such a happy girl whenever I have to call them. They're so HELPFUL and SMART and UNDERSTANDING OF THE BASIC FRUSTRATED MOTHER'S PLIGHT.

Dicks.

Ha ha, I just vented on your vent. LOL that sounds dirty.

~Angie~ said...

Sorry things aren't going too great right now.. I have a friend that has to deal with ORS on a regular basis & that's exactly what she tells me too.. they are worthless & so carefree.. And I agree with you about this damn weather.. It is April 1st & it should not be snowing!! Easter to me is sunny, green grass, flowers.. I am so sick of this snow, I could scream!