Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Syd's first softball game of the season

I'm pretty sure I won the award for mother of the year last night...HA YA RIGHT!!! Syd had her first softball game of the season last night, and I forgot my camera. I did get a picture of her right before they went out to play with my cell, and she has 2 more games this week so I will be taking my camera tonight. Their game started a half an hour late. I swear they NEVER start on time out there! Yet in Stansbury with Dom's baseball if you don't start on time you don't get to play your whole game (they are very strict with their time schedules). Anyway that is completely off the subject. Syd did really well! I was SO proud of her!!! Last year she had trouble with her batting, and I think was only able to get on base a few times and last night she only struck out once. A definite improvement! I was so happy. She was even able to bring someone home to score :) Here comes my other mother of the year move last night...are you ready?!?! Well since her game was suppose to start at 730 I figured we would be out of their by 830 and would be fine without jackets. NO SUCH LUCK!!! Since they started later and they couldn't figure out how to stop the game when the time clock was up we were there until 930! My poor kids were in shorts and short sleeve shirts or tank tops (Tasia). I felt horrible! Tasia had a little sweater in the car, so she could wear that but it didn't help her legs. So we all about froze to death out there I swear. Tasia was tired and crying by the end of the game that she wanted her blanket. Another genius move on my part...she is so attached to that thing I can't believe I didn't take it with us especially knowing that we would be out a half an hour past her bedtime (if they had started on time). Syd's team played really well though, and I was really happy for her :) I am just out of practice when it comes to these games I guess, and I am going to have to get in my groove again. Tonight WILL be a better experience!


2 comments:

Melissa said...

I love baseball season! I love watching all the little ones get so excited to play! Brody is a lot of work at the park and he makes it hard for me to concentrate but i love this weather to watch the games! Don't feel bad I think it happens to all of us! Today is going to be really good weather but then it cools off really fast at dusk. Maybe we'll see you tonight! Dillon, codys little brother, has a game!

Melissa said...

yeah, he plays at Stansbury! Sorry we will miss you. Maybe we'll catch you for Dominic's game! Good lUCk!