Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Poor baby girl :(


My poor little Tasia has had a rough couple of days, and today is just starting :( She woke up coughing yesterday morning. It wasn't anything too horrible, but she was cranky and spent most of the day resting with her Bubba (Dominic...she's pretty attached to him). Then last night right before dinner she went to pull a bag of candy off my bakers rack and pulled 2 glass pie pans down with her. The glass shattered all around her and cut her ankle. Anth said it looked kind of deep, so we loaded up the kids and headed to the ER. We dropped Syd and Dom off at my mom's first, because who knew how long it could take. I got the cut to stop bleeding on the way, but it did look really deep. The whole time I'm thinking I must have cursed myself, because Melissa posted a blog yesterday about her daughter getting stitches and I told her "None of my kids have had stitches yet, but that I was afraid Tasia would be the first because she is so fearless" Sure enough hours later here I am riding the ER to have my little Tasia looked at to see if she needs stitches. When we were waiting forever and a day a nurse came in and gave Tasia a teddy bear, because she could tell that she was nervous and she wanted to make her happy. Sweet huh! Anyway...long story short the dr said her cut could use a stitch, but that numbing it, cleaning it and stitching it would be more of a hassle then it was worth and that it will heal the same with or without the stitch. He ended up having a different nurse come in and just clean and bandage it for her. That nurse I didn't like! I asked him for the little sample of antibacterial cream stuff they put on her to prevent infections and his response was "We don't give that stuff out. You can get it cheap at Walmart" Ok jerk, so you would rather throw a whole tube away that you only used a tiny bit out of then just give the rest to me. Nice huh! So anyway...we come home, get the kids off to bed and TRY to go to bed ourselves. Tasia's cough is getting worse, and she was up probably 5 or 6 times last night. She can't breathe very well and she sounds miserable, and on top of that her foot hurts her. Poor girl huh! She is trying to catch up on the sleep she didn't get last night right now though, so hopefully she can because I feel bad for her :(


I messed up and put the picture of Tasia with her cute teddy bear the NICE nurse gave her at the top of this post. Doesn't she look so thrilled to be sitting in that cramped little hospital room.


2 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm sooo sorry. What a coincidence, though. I'm glad she didn't have to get stitches. And I'm sorry you had a male nurse that couldn't compete with 'gaylord focker'!! hee hee Good luck with her cough and I hope she feels better so when this rain disappears she can play in the sun!!!

Hayley said...

I'm not going to say ANYTHING about the rampant occurrences of child injuries lately! I don't want to jinx myself.

Glad she didn't get stitches though. Hope she feels better soon!