Monday, April 20, 2009

Letting go of control

So usually when we have inspection I spend a whole day going crazy cleaning, cleaning, cleaning! I don't ask Anth to help, because I am so crazy about how things turn out. I think the only thing I ever ask his help on is the garage, because that is "HIS" area! Things are so busy this time though that I did ask for Anth's help a little more. He was going to do our room, the garage and the kitchen. I was going to do the girls room, Dom's room, living room, the bathroom and the laundry closet. I know I got the raw end of the deal, but in a way I prefer it like that. Anthony worked really hard and got the kitchen nice and clean last night, but then he sat down to take a break. I knew it was all over at that point, because I knew that if I sat down I would never get back up. I kept asking him if he was going to work on the room and he said yes. It was hard for me to not go into the bedroom and start doing it myself. The last time I asked him he said he was going to do the bedroom tomorrow (so in other words today). Me being a little stressed about that asks him when he plans to fit that in, because he has to work and right after work we have Dom's game. Our day is pretty full! Plus he still has the garage to do too. So here I am sitting here stressing about everything being just perfect and it's taking every last ounce of control that I have to not go start doing it myself. I am trying to let go of control a little bit, because that is one thing that I am not so good at. I did do a little pick up cleaning in there, but I'm not going to do the organizing that needs to be done. I still have enough of my own stuff I really need to do, but a lot of is it stuff I'm going to do in the morning (like mopping) because I know if I do it too soon the kids will spill on the floor or rub their hands on my freshly windexed mirrors and I am the clean nazi when it comes to inspection time!

No comments: