Saturday, April 25, 2009

Mom of the Year :)

Hayley over at Hayley n' Cade nominated me as one of her picks for Mom of the Year! She's so sweet! I have definitely had my moments where I haven't felt much like mother of the year lately, but we all make mistakes right!

Rules for Mom of the Year:

1-Admit one thing you feel awful about involving being a mom. Get it off your shoulders. Once you've written it down you are no longer allowed to feel bad for it. It's over with, it's in the past. Remember you're a good mom!

This is something that happened literally almost 8 years ago, and I still have never forgiven myself for it. Syd had been having a rough night sleeping (she was 2 months old), so I was finally able to get her to sleep in her swing right before I had to get ready for work. I went and showered and came back to check on her, and she had fallen out of her swing!!! I know horrible right! I never opened the latch to the tray on her swing, because I would just slide her in but apparently someone else had. I was so exhausted and I forgot to check it, and she had fallen out. I bawled!!! I still want to cry thinking about it. She didn't even care. She was asleep and perfectly content. My mom was in her room at the time and didn't even know she had fallen out. Like I said I felt and still feel horrible, and I was so lucky she didn't get hurt. Needless to say I have checked every swing I have put any child in since every single time I put them in it!!!

2-Remind yourself you're a good mom, list seven things you love about your kids, you love doing with your kids, or that your kids love about you. These are the things that you should remind yourself everyday that you rock!

1. I love that all 3 of my kids have such different personalitites from each other. They have their own little attitudes, their own moments of tenderness and their own things they will stand up for no matter what people say.

2. I love that even as they grow up all 3 of my kids still want to cuddle with me, and still don't miss a single goodnight hug or kiss right before bed

3. I love that my kids tell us randomly throughout the day that they love us!

4. I love having family movie night where we pull out the pillows and blankets and all fall asleep in the living room together

5. I love waking them up in the morning and seeing their smiley little faces, and listening to them tell me all about the things they are so excited to do that day.

6. I love going outside and watching them run around like wild children, watching them ride their bikes or scooters and watching them jump on the tramp and laugh their butts off while doing it

7. Last but not least...I love when my kids draw or color me pictures, or make me something during art at school. I cherish all of the little things the put their effort into doing for me :)

3-Send this to 5 other Moms of the Year that deserve credit for being great moms and remind them that they are the best moms they can be. Remember to send them a note letting them know that you have selected them, and add a link to the person who nominated you!

1. Erin at Derek and Erin
2. Tasha at Henry Chit-Chat
3. Joanna at The Carter Family
4. Bethany at The Grundvigs
5. Trish at The Williams

It was hard for me to pick just 5, because I think you are all great mom's but there you have it!

1 comment:

Hayley said...

LOL dreams are fun.

I can only imagine the spectacle that my pregnant self was. Did you wake up with sweats and a heart pounding in terror?