Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Yippee!!!!!!

Anth left early this morning to go job hunting in Salt Lake with his friend. When he got home I was hoping there was positive news, but all he was told was that some guy at a construction company really liked him and his experience but that the soonest he'd have work was May 1st. I wasn't exactly thrilled, but it was better than no job at all right. As I sat here stressing about what we were going to do the phone started ringing, but it was a restricted number and I wasn't in the mood to answer. I figured if it was important enough they would leave a message. A minute or 2 later my phone gives the voicemail alert, so I call my voicemail and guess who it was...THE LADY FROM THE DEPOT!!!!! She was calling, because she had FINALLY finished Anth's follow up and she wanted to coordinate start dates!!!!!! I literally started jumping and screaming, and could barely get the words out but I was finally able to tell him to call her back. He called her right away, and he starts MONDAY!!!!!! The poor guy was starting to give up, because he was trying so hard for the last 5 months to find a job and nothing was happening. Thank goodness for his persistence though, because this lady may never have gotten to his follow up. I seriously wanted to cry I was so happy! NO MORE STRESSING ABOUT MONEY & NO MORE OF HIM GOING CRAZY SITTING HOME....YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

that is the best news. Congratulations!!! That will be a wonderful job!!! And now you can really enjoy Easter knowing that he starts a job on Monday. I'm so excited for you guys. Honestly thats amazing you guys are still talking to each other or even together after all the time he spent at home. If cody had to stay at home with me all day with the stress of not having a job I think we would have killed each other. That says alot about your relationship!! Enjoy your Easter!!1

Hayley said...

That is great! What a relief!

On another note... maybe I don't have the whole story, but what was this woman doing the whole time? Seriously? People are waiting on jobs, it's a recession.

If she was just kind of getting around to it and there weren't any other reasons for the wait... THEN SHAME ON HER.

But yay! You can breathe a huge sigh of relief and really enjoy the holiday weekend!