Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter!

We had 2 days of Easter celebrations in our family. We started out Saturday morning going to the Easter egg hunt at Desert Peak, and as far as I'm concerned it really wasn't worth it unfortunately. I don't even think the kids had much fun. There were so many kids we thought our kids were going to get trampled, it was over as fast as it started and the kids got maybe 2 or 3 things each. Oh well though...you learn from experience I guess. Later that day we headed up to Ogden to do an Easter egg hunt/ birthday party for my Grandma. The kids got a big bucket full of eggs that had candy and money in them. The girls eggs had hair things and lip gloss too, and the boys eggs had bouncy balls and dinosaurs in theirs.

Sunday morning the Easter bunny came to our house, and left the kids each a cute outfit, some sandles and LOTS of candy! The had a lot of fun searching our house for the eggs the Easter bunny hid. Then it was time to do a quick breakfast of cinnamon rolls and get ready for the day. We went to my parents house from there and the kids got ANOTHER easter basket full of goodies, and then they went to church with my mom. After church we went to Sandy to my in-laws house where the kids got yet ANOTHER easter basket!!! It was nice to hang out there and relax. We had a great dinner of ham, chile verde, tortillas and some salads. Then the kids had an easter egg hunt, and afterwards we went out back so the boys could play horseshoes and the kids could swing on the swingset. We seemed like we were going nonstop all day, and the kids slept WAY good last night. It was the perfect day though! We got to have good food and spend some good quality time with our families :) I would love to put up all my pictures, but I took 150 so I don't think that is possible so you guys only get to check out a few on here lol



This is all of the Easter baskets my kids ended up with at the end of 2 days!


My kids all dressed up in their cute Easter outfits and ready to go!

The 1 lb chocolate Easter bunnies the Easter bunny left them!!!


When the first woke up in the morning to find what the Easter bunny had left them :)



I hope everyone had a great Easter! It's time to get back to normal life schedules around here. Anth started his new job at the depot this morning. I am so used to him being next to me in bed that once he left I couldn't fall back asleep, so I have been up since about 530 this morning. I'm sure it'll hit me later, but for now it gives me time to get my house picked up and of course to spend some time blogging!

2 comments:

~Ali~ said...

HOLY Easter at your house!!! They must have had a blast with all those baskets!! haha Suger them up and send them out to play! haha

Hayley said...

Your kids got hooked up, my friend.

I remember my parents buying us the big chocolate bunnies. We'd eat the ears and then forget about them. One year later- I'd find it in the packaging, under my bed, all chalky and rock solid and earless. Childhood is fun.

Glad you had a good holiday!