Thursday, January 8, 2009

I'm a slacker!

Anthony and I have been married for a year and half now. As soon as I got our marriage license back I went and changed my last name on everything besides my social security number. It just seemed like there was never time to go sit in the social security office! It takes forever, and I try not to go to Salt Lake unless I absolutely have to. Plus I don't usually have anyone to watch the kids during the day. Well I have an appointment on Monday that I need my social security card for, and of course I can't find it ANYWHERE! I tore my house apart, my car and my purses. It's nowhere to be found. I told my mom that maybe it was a sign I should go into Salt Lake and sit there for hours and finally legally change my last name. So I got up and moving and left bright and early to get there a few minutes before they opened to try to keep myself from waiting too long. I pull into the parking garage 15 minutes early, and wait until 5 minutes to 9 to head to the door. When I get there I find out I am at the wrong building! Things were going way to smoothly, so I knew something had to go wrong. Luckily the new building is just up the road, but I walk in the door at 5 after and it's already packed! I ended up sitting there for almost 2 hours while some creepy old guy next to me reads my text messages over my shoulder just so I can go back and be there for less than 5 minutes. Oh well...in the end it's all worth it, because I am now legally a Quintana and I don't have to go through the whole spill with places anymore about how my ID has my married name but I haven't changed it with social security yet so with that it's still Busico.

1 comment:

Mark and Bethany said...

I had to do that for me then go back the next year for Alec and Luke when Mark adopted them. It sucked! I lost Alec's SS card, immunization card, and BC when we moved. I seriously never prayed so hard in my life, I found them in a box, I don't know how they got there. So now they're all in our little safe. Stupid documents! When the world ends, or we're attacked my terrorist, or some bomb thrown on us I don't think it will matter if I can find my passport or not!