Thursday, January 15, 2009

If it's not one thing it's another!!!

I swear we are never going to all be 100% healthy around here! At least that's how it feels at the moment. Over the last 3 weeks or so we have all had a stomach virus. Nothing horrible, but still not exactly fun. Then Tasia got congested and her voice sounded really raspy. Then as she gets over that Syd starts having a sore throat and is achy. Luckily it only last a few days for her, and she was better. A day or 2 later Anth ended up achy and his throat hurt. Again it was gone for him in a day or so. We all just start feeling a little better. I scrubbed our house partly for inspection by our property owners, and partly to help get rid of the germs. Well wouldn't you know today Syd wakes up and says her stomach is bubbling and she has been having diarrhea all night. I know lovely share of information, but it's true. I decided to keep her home from school, because I don't want her to keep leaving class to go to the bathroom. She has laid in bed most of the day, and at lunch time I decided to make her chicken noodle soup so she would have something in her stomach. She sits down at the table and says "mom I need to go potty". Obviously I tell her to go, and she can eat when she is done. Well she comes out and says I feel like I'm going to throw up. Again I tell her then go to the bathroom (don't do it on my floor when any minute now the owners could show up for inspection. No I'm not insensitive, and I'm sure they'd understand but still nobody wants to clean puke out of carpets anyway!). She, of course, ended up throwing up. She couldn't eat her soup, so it went to waste. I called the girls mom that I tend and let her know (I let her know this morning too before she brought them that Syd was sick, because I would want my sitter to tell me something like that.), but unfortunately she has 2 appoinments this afternoon and I told her I don't want her to get in trouble with school so don't leave early. Things are hectic though...I am chasing 3 toddlers (they are all napping at the moment), cleaning up nonstop right behind them for inspection and taking care of a daughter who can't stop puking. One of these days I may get to relax again, but it doesn't look like it'll be anytime in the near future!

2 comments:

Mark and Bethany said...

I'm so sorry! I hate those days. Yes, you will have peace...one day.I wish I could tell you when.

Henry Family said...

Sounds rough! You will never get to rest at least until the kids move out of the house. Just be thankful you had them young, can you imagin doing this at 30+?