Sunday, January 4, 2009

All mom's know how I feel!

I swear before I had kids I was able to shower, bath or even go to the bathroom by myself but in the last 8 1/2 years I don't think I have been allowed! Take today for example, I am in soaking in a hot bath (I have had body aches), and I was in there less than a half an hour total and my kids all 3 came in at one point or another for some reason that could not wait. Tasia came in to show me she had put on her brother's Hulk boxer briefs, and then she wanted to use the cup and rinse my hair for me. Anth made her get out, and then Sydney came in because she needed to tattle on Dominic. Heaven forbid she tell the other parent who just so happened to be sitting in the living room watching football and doing nothing! As Sydney's standing there with the door open Tasia sneaks back in and wants to rinse my hair again! THEN...Dominic comes in and says he needs to fill up his cup of water-THERE ARE 2 OTHER SINKS IN OUR HOUSE!!! Anthony comes in AGAIN, and forces them all to get out. By this time I had given up on the thought of even a minute of relaxing and decided to get out. That is just from bathtime today! Things are obviously slightly crazy around here from day to day, but stuff like this is a normal occurence. Like I said though, I'm sure all you mom's know exactly what I mean. We don't get any privacy once our kids are born. I love my kids, but some days would love to be able to take a quiet shower or bath or even be able to go pee without someone pounding on the door needing me right that very second!!!

2 comments:

Carters said...

It least I am not the only one, well ok I only have 1 right now that does that but 1 is too much! I love when you try to go pee and right then at that second they do to and they can't go to the other 2 bathrooms in the house it has to be the one you are in. I told Andy when we get our own house he is building me a "girl cave" It is going to have sound proof walls and about 15 locks on the door with a big soaking tub, tv and a fireplace in it. When I get it you can come use it all the time LOL

Mark and Bethany said...

Amen to that!! I don't remember what it's like to pee without an audience! Good thing God makes them cute!!