Thursday, January 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Bubba!!!


I can't believe my little man is 6 years old today! Wow time flies when you're having fun! I told him last night that he was going to be old. He laughed his little goofy laugh and told me "Uh uh mom I'm only going to be 6!" On our kids birthdays I always tell them they can pick whatever they want for dinner, and I will make it for them. Of all the things in the world my son picks mac and cheese. Plain old Kraft mac and cheese! Oh well, it's his birthday. Since his birthday falls on a weekday we will do his big party Saturday with all our family. Tonight we will do his birthday dinner, his gifts from us and I got some nice green Hulk cupcakes at the store. That will be fun to clean up!!! It's worth it, because it will make him happy :)
I just really can't believe it has been so long! Dominic has blessed my life is so many ways, and I can't imagine what it would be like without him. He is my little mama's boy! He has a sensitive little heart, and his smile lights up the room! I can't wait to see the things he will accomplish as he grows older. He has an amazing imagination, and I truly believe he will put it to good use. Happy Birthday Buddy!!!
I also want to say a quick Happy Birthday to my friend's son Luke! Bethany and I were working at Teleperformance together (I know I don't miss that place one bit!), and she was pregnant. I remember it was Dominic's first birthday, and I'm sitting at my desk and my boss hands me her phone. I kept thinking "who could it be we aren't allowed to get personal calls???" It was my dear, sweet Bethany telling me she had given birth to her son on my little man's birthday and it was the coolest coincidence. I will never forget that phone call or that day! So I hope you guys have a good day for Luke's birthday today, Bethany!

2 comments:

Mark and Bethany said...

Oh, you're adorable! I thought of Domonic last night and his birthday today. Doesn't it seem like a million years ago? Just think of where we were then and where we are now. Wow does life change. We're having mac&cheese for lunch, gotta love the age! Tell Dom to have a great birthday!!! We need to get together sometime, we should have dinner. That way our hubby's can meet and kids can play. Or just you and me, it will depend on how bad we want to get away from kids that day!

Hayley said...

Time freakin flies. Hope you all have a great time!

Mac and cheese sounds sooooo good right now.