Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year Everyone!

Last night we had a fun, but low key New Years Eve. We had originally planned to stay home, but we had a little change of plans. We started by going to my parents house to eat a yummy but simple dinner. My mom made a ham, and we did ham sandwichs on rolls and chips and dip. Then we went to my grandpa's house, because he is determined that if it doesn't get done NOW my parents won't get his digital converter set up by February. It was very easy to do, and really he probably could've figured it out himself (anyone who can hook up a DVD player or VCR could do it), but we got it done for him and now he will be happy. Finally we headed over to my Aunt Patty's house. My cousin Monica and her family is out here from Alabama, and we haven't seen her since I was pregnant with Tasia! We sat around the kitchen table and talked and ate munchies. The kids ran around and played with Nintendo DS's and other toys. The girls were dancing to a fun little karaoke machine, and told us we couldn't take pictures (we tried anyway!). At midnight we watched the ball drop and all told each other Happy New Year, and headed out to do some fireworks with the kids. It was freezing, but it was fun and the kids loved it! We didn't stay long after that, because the kids were getting tired but all in all it was a fun, nice way to start the new year. I have lots of pics, but I will have to post them later, because I left the camera in the car and it is WAY too cold to go out and get it right now! Hope everyone else had a fun, memorable and safe new year too :)

No comments: