Thursday, November 5, 2009

Today I am thankful for....

*Inspections, because they keep our townhomes in great shape (We have another one coming, so I have to keep reminding myself of this since I stress so much!)
*Parents who give me a break when it is very much needed
*In-laws...without them I wouldn't have the great husband that I do
*Movies...to bring our family together for a nice, relaxing night
*Mr Clean Magic Erasers...They seriously take everything off!
*Recipe books and blogs...So I can learn new things when my family and I get sick of the same meals all the time
*Social networking sites....It's great to reconnect with people that I haven't talked to in years!
*Naptime...My quiet time!

There are lots of things I am thankful for, but we have a whole month left still so I will stop there. Did any of you see my grandpa in the Tooele paper the other night? It's going to be his 85th birthday on the 9th, so my dad and aunt put his picture in there. I hope that when I am 85 I am in half as good shape as he is! That man still goes golfing constantly and even dancing. He is also an avid visitor at the senior center for all of their events. I think just last year he was their president. He probably has more of a social life than I do lol I only have 2 grandparents left (him and my mom's mom), so I am thankful that they are both in fairly good health. I am so glad that my kids get the chance to know them, because that isn't always the case. I lost all but 1 of my other grandparents before Syd was even born, so she never knew any of them. My great grandma passed away when Syd was almost 2, so Syd doesn't remember her. She used to always say that she loved Syd's little spunky attitude. She thought kids who listened were too boring lol, but kids that rebelled were fun to her. Not your general point of view from an adult, especially from an older generation :)

No comments: