Friday, November 13, 2009

Swine flu

Yes folks, the swine flu has started it's rounds in the Quintana household. Saturday night we all went to dinner then my oldest sister got it, my little sister got it, her boyfriend got it and now my baby has it :( She has had a horribly high fever that has her laying around doing nothing. It takes motrin and tylenol a full hour to bring the fever down. Once it's down she is ok, but it sure kicks her butt when it is up. Her dr also told us we need to watch for signs on pnuemonia, because she doesn't have a booger nose but she is coughing stuff up (gross I know) which means it is in her lungs. Poor girl doesn't want to eat, but she is drinking fluids and her dr said as long as she is doing that we don't need to worry. We started her on her tamiflu last night, but she is contagious for 7 days!!! I will be VERY shocked if none of the rest of us end up with it.

Today I am thankful for great health insurance! We only paid $15 for 2 prescriptions, and I have a friend who with insurance paid $50 for the Tamiflu alone.

No comments: