Monday, November 9, 2009

Just call me slacker...

I know I am suppose to be posting everyday about things that I am thankful for, but this weekend was so hectic I never even had a chance to get on the computer. Saturday night we went to Benihana's for my grandpa's birthday dinner. It was SO yummy, but SO expensive!!! Definitely not a dinner you do all the time with a family of 5. I'm glad we got to go though. The kids were amazed at the cool stuff the cooks could do. They were all very good, and I was definitely pleased. So I guess one thing I am thankful for is well mannered children :)



Sunday I decided to go help my mom do all the things she does to help my grandma. My mom goes up every Sunday after church, and takes my grandma grocery shopping for the last few years. Recently my grandma pulled her groin muscle and within 2 weeks pulled it again, so she can barely get around. She is walking with a cane, and since it hurts her to move she doesn't move much and it is causing her muscles to become stiff. She can't clean her house, and laundry is out of the question because it is in the basement and she can't do stairs at all. My poor grandma hasn't left her house in a month, because she can't walk very well. On top of all that she has been having some major stomach problems. Her favorite foods (like milk and cheese) kill her stomach. They think her pancreas is going out, so she has to have a CT scan done on Wednesday.
My uncle Mike will be here today from California, but she was stressed about her house not being clean enough for him so while my mom did all the grocery shopping I did all her cleaning and laundry. I came home feeling like a horrible grandaughter, because I don't get up to Ogden to see her enough and she isn't getting any younger :( Anth and I have decided that we need to make it up there at least once a month. I would hate to lose her and have that regret that I didn't get to spend time with her when I am perfectly capable of getting up there.

No comments: