Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Oh the creativity of a mother!!!

Ok I have been going crazy lately trying to figure out how to get Tasia to sit down and eat a full meal. She is one of those kids that will eat a few bites, go play for an hour, eat some more, go play...I'm sure you see where I am going with this. Sydney and Dominic were never like that, so it's a new situation for me to deal with. I know she needs to understand that at mealtime we sit down and eat until we are done or full or whatever, but I haven't been able to figure out how. Anth started threatening to throw her food away everytime she got up to play, and that works sometimes but others I know in her head she's think "Ya right dad!". The other night his method of threatening to throw her food away wasn't working, and she hadn't eaten much at all! Well any of you who know Tasia know she LOVES Dora!!! We had just been playing before dinner and pretending she was Dora, so I started telling her that if she didn't sit down and eat that Swiper the Fox was going to swipe her food. I have no idea where it came from, but hey it worked for the moment. She would go to get up and as soon as I said that she'd say "Swiper NO swiping!", and then she would sit down and eat some more food. She actually finished her whole plate of food, and she thought it was a hilarious game. I know it won't work all the time, but it worked for that night and every night we can get her to sit and eat a whole meal is an accomplishment!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

That is the cutest ever! I love their little personalities!!! Creative. Hey, how is everything going with Syd???