Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Grandma Sally

March 17th (St Patty's Day) also happens to be the unfortunate anniversary of Anth's Grandma Sally's death (it was 4 years ago today). I never had the chance to get to know her very well, but the few times I did meet her she was always very nice to me. I am told that I am the only girl that she was nice to when they came by to get Anth. She used to tell Anth he needed to get rid of his ex and settle down with me (smart woman!). I do know Anthony was very close to his grandma, and that even though he doesn't ever say it today is a very hard day for him. He talks about her memory a lot more around this time, and even though it's a sad day for him he still likes to celebrate St Patty's Day for the kids sake. His cousins have told me a million times that Anth was his grandma's baby and that if we had had Tasia before she passed away none of the other grandkids would've existed. Not good for them, and not that I would wish for her to be favored, but it's nice to think that maybe before Tasia came down here to be with us she got to spend some time with her Grandma Sally. I really do wish I had had a chance to get to know her more. In just 3 months it will be the 4 year anniversary of my grandpa Don's death too. It's hard that we both lost someone so close to us is such a short amount of time :(

No comments: