Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Last night started out as a decent night, but ended in stress. I will start with the fun part first, because it's always better to here about those sort of things...I took the girls to get their hair trimmed by my sister. There was no way I was doing anything more than a trim to Tasia's hair, because it's so long and pretty and at this age she still lets me make the decisions when it comes to it. Syd has said she wanted to grow her hair out, but on our way to their appointment last night she surprised me by saying she wanted her hair short with some bangs. She tried to convince us to do the longer bangs that go straight across your eyebrows, but my sister told her with short hair she'd look like Dora lol We talked her into some side bangs instead, and this is the cute 'do she ended up with...



On a different note, Syd has been having dizzy spells lately. She'll get dizzy to the point she is crying, she becomes nauseous and she has even collapsed a few times (never lost consciousness just collapsed). Scary right?!?!?! It's mostly at night, and really early in the morning, but occasionally during the day. I thought it'd go away, but it hasn't. It's been going on 9 days now. I figured sinus infection or maybe inner ear infection, so I took her to the dr after her haircut. I swear everyone and their dog was there! We waited in the waiting room just over an hour, and were in the room for almost a half an hour before we saw the dr. When he came in he checked her out, and found nothing to do with sinuses or inner ear. Instead he sent us for an EKG. What the heck seriously??? My family has always been family healthy, and all of a sudden we are being bombarded with all these horrible possibilities of things that could be going on. Anyway...he wants to make sure it's nothing to do with her heart, because apparently there is something that can go wrong with your heart that can cause these same symptoms. I took Tasia to my mom, because by this time she was unbelievable restless then headed over to the hospital for Syd's EKG. Poor girl was not very thrilled about it, but the guy was really nice and did everything he could to make her feel comfortable and keep her as covered as he could. We took the results over to the dr office as soon as we were done, and Dr Gould is suppose to look at them today and get back with us. If it's nothing to do with her heart he is going to send us to an ENT to run more tests, so we can figure out what's going on. He mentioned Vertigo being an issue, so of course I come home and jump on the internet to research what I can find out. As always they talk about things that scare me, but I know they list worst case scenarios and I have to try not to let it get to me. We'll just have to keep up on dr's appointments until we can figure it out. Again, I am trying to think positive, but honestly how do you when your mom might have breast cancer, your son might have skin cancer and now your daughter could have something wrong with her heart...not to mention this has all happened in the last month and a half!!! I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens. Sorry for all the negative posting, but like everyone says this is my blog and my feelings. It also happens to be what my life is being completely consumed by lately.

3 comments:

Hayley said...

That blows a big one. Hope it's nothing serious!

You're actually being quite upbeat for the situation, so don't apologize!!!

Carters said...

OMG Angela, I am so sorry. You poor thing. God must know you are one strong woman because they say he won't give you more than you can handle. Again your family is in our prayers. Be stong and if you ever need someone to talk to you know I am here for you, and hopefully will be there for you soon!!

Mark and Bethany said...

Let me know. I'm praying for you. Have you heard more about your mom? When does Dom go in?