Saturday, March 14, 2009

Jon and Kate plus 8!

Anthony hates when I watch this show, because he doesn't think Kate is very nice. If I had 8 kids I would probably be a little testy too. That's besides the point though...I have gotten a couple of really good tips from this show lately. Anth cooks breakfast almost every weekend, and I get the kids plates ready. I dread cutting the pancakes or french toast though, because my wrists start to hurt REALLY bad. Well I was watching a special Jon and Kate plus 8, and one of the viewers sent in a suggestion that instead of using a fork and a knife to cut the pancakes that Jon should use a pizza cutter. Yes it's so simple, but never something I would've never thought of and it's genius LOL It saves time, and stops my wrist from killing me!

Another tip we have picked up on was having a "special" mommy daddy date with each child. We have been trying to figure out how to make the kids feel like they have their own time without having one of the other kids interrupt them. It hasn't been easy, but after watching that specific episode we have decided we're going to do one on one dates with them. Each one of the kids is going to have a day alone with mom and dad (just the 3 of us) while the other kids go to grandma's house. They get to pick what activity they want the 3 of us to do together. We are probably doing our first one next weekend with Syd. She has chosen to go to the bookstore to buy a book, and go get a treat after. Cheap, but perfect because she loves to read. Dominic wants to go swimming for his date. Tasia hasn't quite decided yet. We are going to have to give her suggestions, and let her pick though because she is a little too young to just pick something on her own!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

You guys make such a great family. It sounds like you have everything in order. I wish I could be that organized and goal orientated. Hey, did Anthony get that job? I don't remember reading that. I love reading your blog. It's like you guys have the perfect balance between you relationship and your little ones!!!

Hayley said...

I have a hard time watching that show sometimes because I just want to pull the stick out of Kate's ass. She's going to end up climbing to the top of a clock tower somewhere and picking people off with a rifle before going down in a blaze of gunfire.

I saw that episode where they talk about the pizza cutter. It's genius! Ah, the little things.

~Angie~ said...

I find myself watching that show quite a lot lately! It used to give me anxiety watching, because it was so chaotic!
But there are good tips on there & Kate, although very feisty, she is super organized & has all sorts of small things that would help anyone!