Sunday, February 15, 2009

Our not so typical Valentine's date!

Anthony and I didn't do your typical Valentine's Day date of dinner and a movie. Both of us have wanted to get tattoos for so long (a 1st for him and a 2nd for me), so we decided while Anthony's mom had them we would go get them done! It was sort of a last minute decision, and we made some calls trying to get into tattoo shops but we couldn't find anyone available. I happened to mention to my friend Alecia what we wanted to do, and she told me there was a tattoo convention going on at the Salt Palace this weekend. How much luckier could we have gotten?!?!?! We went there and there were TONS of artists everywhere, and in every booth there were people getting tattoos done. We felt a little out of our comfort zone at first, and kind of clueless on how to find an artist. We had to make sure to find one that would tattoo the top of my foot, because not all artists will. Plus we wanted someone who had a style that we liked. After wandering around for a good half an hour or so we finally found one! We told him a little about what we both wanted (Tasia's name for me and Gemini for Anth) and he said to give him 15 minutes and he would have it drawn up for us. Both of us started getting nervous, but we were determined. The guy was really nice, and his girlfriend that was there with him was funny. She told us Anth's wouldn't hurt, and mine would. How nice of her huh! Its ok though I figured it would hurt, because there isn't any "meat" on top of your foot. It was worth the discomfort though, because we both LOVE the outcome! Here are some pictures...they are both in the healing process obviously, so they won't be all red and stuff once they have healed.





5 comments:

Henry Family said...

They turned out good. Were they expensive?

Carters said...

I like them. I love yours it is so cute, I can't wait to get Mason's name done. BTW I love your toes!! Do you do them yourself or are they acrylics?

Melissa said...

That looks like it flippin hurt!!! Okay, if I hadn't already been through the temple when Raech passed i would have definitly gotten a tattoo!! I have the biggest fetish for tattoos! I think they are sooo hot! Love them!!! I love the ones on the top of the foot! But i bet its like bite your finger off painful!

Britt said...

They look awesome... BUT ouchie! I am way jealous.

Hayley said...

Um... OW. Looks good, though.

I had Paul Medina design mine with my son's name and it's right between my shoulderblades, almost up on my neck. Hurt like a biotch when he came up to the meat on my shoulder, so meat doesn't always help!