Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Need prayers

My mom was told last week that the mammogram she recently had has some things on it that weren't on her previous one. The scheduled her an appointment for today to do a more detailed one with the radiologist present, so that they could figure out what is going on. Well it turns out there are masses in there, and they are concerned about them :( Because of the placement of the masses she isn't able to just have a needle biopsy, and will have to go in for a surgical one. Her surgical consultation is next week, so we aren't sure exactly when the biopsy itself will take place yet. Our family is obviously very concerned, and can use all the prayers we can get! Please pray that once they get in there they will find that the masses are benign, and we have no reason to be concerned.

I, personally, have been kind of shocked over the whole thing. I never in a million years thought this would be something I would have to deal with with someone so close to me. Yes we have lots of cancers that run in our family. Years ago we even had a scare that my mom had cervical cancer, but luckily it wasn't. I don't know what I will do if my mom has breast cancer. I would definitely be a supportive daughter, and do everything that I can for her but it's a scary thought. My mom and I have had our problems (mostly when I was being a shit as a teenager), but she is one of my best friends and she is always there for me no matter what! I can't imagine her having to deal with something so scary. Like I said though hopefully everyone will keep her in their prayers, and hopefully when she does have the biopsy done we will find out it's benign.

5 comments:

Hayley said...

You got mine. I'll think positively for you.

Mark and Bethany said...

I'm praying for you.

Erin said...

Our family will keep her in our prayers. I too love your mom. She will always be one of my most favorite people. I remember her taking us for rides in her cool white car with the top down :) Oh the memories. Keep us posted.

~Angie~ said...

I will keep her & your family in my prayers.. that is so scary.. I remember your mom from our dancing days.. I hope everything works out..

Henry Family said...

Tell your mom I love her. I will keep her in my prayers.