Monday, February 9, 2009

Morning from hell!!!

Lets start with the fact that I got next to no sleep last night. That will ruin anyone's day! I got up early, so that I could get ready for interview this morning for my work-from-home job. It seems like they do things backwards with that company. First they book you into a training class, then they set up your interview and hire you. Weird, but whatever works for them I guess. So I fight with my kids to get them all ready for the day while I am trying to get ready. Then I plan on leaving at 8:45. I had to stop and get gas and pay our internet bill on my way out of town. Well I go to leave and cannot find the keys to our car anywhere!!! I tore this house apart. Then Anth remembered that when his friend was here last night he used them to go get something out of the car, so I am thinking he has our stinkin keys. I had to call him like 10 times before he finally answered his phone ( I was like a stalker, but I had no choice lol). He doesn't have them, and he isn't exactly positive of where he set them. So the search begins AGAIN! We finally found them about 9:10. They had fallen off our kitchen counter down behind our garbage can. We head out to Taylorsville in the lovely weather, and I realzie my interview isn't at 10:30 it's at 10!!!!!!! Of course we get stuck behind every idiotic driver on the road, so I was stressing out thinking we weren't going to make it. Then we get to the area where it's at and the lady who had emailed us directions had failed to mention that you turn left when you come to 815 West. Luckily from 4500 South we could see the address on the building after we had driven around for a while, and we got there with about 10 minutes to spare. The interview went smooth, and they said I was being recommended for hiring. The only problem I have now is that I can't do the hours I needed to work, and I am going to have to figure something out. I guess we are going to have to look into buying a laptop, so that I can take my work with me when the kids have games or practices if I need to. So I guess the research of pricing a laptop starts!

2 comments:

Mark and Bethany said...

I have my interview on Thursday. Did you meet with Joan or someone else? So what are the right directions, I do not want to get lost! What hours do they want you to work? What did you want? I so hope this works out, I need it bad! Good luck with the laptop, we're buying a new desktop because ours is really old, but I don't think they're quite as expensive.

Hayley said...

That sounds like the kind of morning where I'd just say "F*** IT" and go back to bed.

But any morning when I wake up before 8:30 is the morning from hell for me!