Monday, December 7, 2009

Trip down memory lane!

Obviously we have been going through my Grandma's stuff trying to get rid of things we can, and keeping things we want. Well my Grandma had a ton on videos, and since my girls have a VCR (I know old school right!) in their room my mom let us take them. There's a lot of Disney movies and stuff in there, but I also found some of my old dance tapes. I watched them, and all I could do was laugh. My very first performance from when I was like 5 or 6 was on one of them. There were dances to Can't Touch This, Good Vibrations by Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch and also The Right Stuff by New Kids on the Block LOL I laughed so hard watching them! Of course there was the crazy makeup and hair that contributed to all that laughing. I needed that laugh too. I'm sure some of my friends from Ogden will read this, and remember those days as well as I do!

We had services for my Grandma on Thursday, and it turned out really nice. She would have been proud! My Uncle Jerel took a picture of my Grandma and photoshopped it so that it looks like Jesus is standing next to her looking at her, and putting his hand on her shoulder. It is the neatest picture I have ever seen in my life. He is suppose to email us a copy of it, so as soon as he does I will post it. I hope you all had a great weekend! We spent it putting up Christmas decorations, and decorationg gingerbread men cookies :)

2 comments:

Mark and Bethany said...

I'm so sorry about your Grandma, but I'm glad you have good memories you can think of often and remember her.

As for the dances, I love watching old 80's stuff, so funny! My sisters went to a New Kids concert, they were so cool!!

Hayley said...

I'm glad you found something to laugh at. Even if it was yourself twenty years ago, LOL