Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Lack of sleep and a 20 year anniversary

I have not had a good nights sleep in almost a month, and it's really wearing on me. Most nights I lay in bed in the dark and a million thoughts run through my head. If I happen to be lucky enough to go straight to sleep, it's a restless sleep. The other night I didn't get to sleep until 12:30, and when Anth's alarm went off at 4:50 I felt like I had had about 2 minutes of sleep. It's really wearing me down, and it's making me not much in the Christmas spirit since I have no energy. I am still doing activities such as decorating a gingergread house and baking cookies with my kids, but I just feel like I am not into it this year. I have tried taking Advil PM, because I heard it doesn't give you that horrible can't wake up feeling the next morning like Tylenol PM does. It didn't even work at all though. I still lay awake forever trying to fall asleep. Does anyone know of any OTC suggestions I could try? I don't want to have to go to a dr for it, but if I don't find something soon I'm going to have to because last night I laid awake crying because I was so frustrated. A friend of mine suggested some night tea they have at GNC, and if it comes down to it I will try that but I hate tea so I would have to literally gag it down :(

On a completely different note, it has been 20 years ago today that my Grandma Busico passed away. She is another testament that you NEED to go to the dr. She didn't believe in vaccinations, or going to the dr for anything routine. She would only go if she was extremely sick. She started with cervical cancer which we all know can be caught if we do our yearly exams, but since she didn't, before they could catch it it had spread through her entire body. So again, PLEASE do your routine check-ups for everything you should. I remember my Grandma Busico passing away being one of the 3 times I have ever seen my Dad cry. The second was when I told him I was pregnant with Syd, and the 3rd was when my Grandma passed away just recently. It reminded him a lot of his mom. I don't remember my Grandma Busico a whole lot, unfortunately. I lived in Ogden my whole life until I was 14, so I only saw her a couple times a year when I would come spend time with my Dad. I do remember that she was a neat freak big time. I'm sure that's where me and my dad get it from. She was a loud person. She was German, so even when she spoke it seemed as though she were yelling. She lived for her kids and her grandkids. In her eyes, us grandkids could do no wrong. Although I didn't know her, I still miss her. I hope her and my Grandma Lue are hanging out together keeping an eye on all of us, and hanging out until we can all be together again someday.

No comments: