Friday, December 18, 2009

Happy 101

Hayley at Gone with the Twins kindly gave me this award, so I am going to keep it going. Everyone could use a little award once in a while to make our day right!

Here are the rules... list 10 things that make you happy, and try to make one of those things something that happened for/to you today, and then tag your 5 bloggers that make you smile to win said award and keep the awards going!

1.The thing that made me happy for today was waking up next to my hubby! Anth leaves for work at 5:30 most mornings, so on the mornings he doesn't have to work I love rolling over when the alarm goes off and seeing him laying next to me!

2. I love seeing how much my kids have grown up! The last few days I have noticed that Syd seems to be growing into her body, and becoming a really beautiful pre-teen. She cares more about how she looks, and what she wears lately and although that scares me a little I can't believe how much she has grown just this year. Dominic is learning more and more everyday. I was watching him read this morning, and I couldn't believe some of the words that were a piece of cake for him to read. I'm not quite ready for him to be so big yet. Then there is my little Tasia. My little spitfire attitude child. I love her death! She is going to give us a run for our money, but she amazes me everyday with the things she says and does.

3. I am unbelievable thankful for my entire family. They have all been SO supportive with my Grandma passing away, and I don't know how I could have made it through without them. We all sat around and talked about memories of my Grandma. There were constant text messages from each other asking how we were doing. My Aunt Dolores made a big meal for all of us, and sent my mom some pretty flowers. Anth's mom kept the kids while we were in the hospital that last day with my Grandma sitting by her bedside while she passed, and she also kept them overnight so I could have a night to relax. That helped so much! I couldn't ask for a better family than the one I have. On the same note, I am also thankful for the friends who have been there and supported me through such a rough time!

4. I love getting my hair and nails done. Thank goodness for my sister doing my hair for free, or I couldn't do it as often as I like. I feel like those are the things I can do for myself to make myself feel girly and pretty. Also I feel like taking care of myself is a good way to keep my hubby happy. A lot of times I think we let ourselves go, but I think in order to have a happy family and happy marriage you have to take care of yourself sometimes too. You have to feel good about yourself, and not down about how you look. That may sound snobby, but think about it...if you don't like they way you look and are feeling bad about yourself you aren't in a very cheerful mood and your bad mood will rub off on your family or people around you. So taking care of ourselves is definitely a must!

5. Italian food definitely has to be on my list! I love when we have our Busico family Christmas party, and my Grandpa Tony makes his famous Italian meatballs. NOBODY can make meatballs like he can. I love all the other dishes too! The lasagna, the spaghetti...there are so many to name. My mouth is watering just thinking about it all lol

6. I love quiet rainy days. I love the calm that seems to fall over things when it rains. I love when it is warm enough during the rain to open my windows, and let the smell of rain into my house. I love that rainy days are the perfect day to just lay on the couch and watch a movie or read a book.

7. I love waking up to a clean house. It seems to start my day off so much more relaxed, because I don't feel like I have a million things I need to do. Then I can spend more time with my kids.

8. I love listening to Tasia and my nephew Havyn play with each other. They say some of the funniest things, and they are really lovey and nice to each other when they think nobody is watching or listening lol Today when Havyn got here Tasia walked up to him and told him she had missed him. I love their sweet innocence!

9. I love hugs and kisses from my kids and my husband. I hope that as my kids get older they won't feel like giving me hugs and kisses is dumb anymore, because it will make me sad. I love when they come up and just want to sit in my lap and cuddle with me while we watch TV or while I am reading to them. I think that kisses and hugs from Anth show more affection than anything else in the world can.

10. Last, but not least I love alone time with Anth and my kids. It doesn't happen very often for any of us, but I love when we can just hang out and spend some one-on-one time talking to each other. Dominic almost always wakes up about half an hour before he has to be up for school, and we have had some of our best talks during that time. Sydney and I usually get our time in after school for a little bit, and I love to hear about all the things she did at school that day. Or even the things that she considers "drama" with her friends. Tasia and I get our one-on-one time during naptime. A lot of times she doesn't fall asleep, so she will come cuddle on the couch with me and we will watch a movie together. Anth and I try to make it a point to get that one-on-one time after the kids go to bed each night even if just for a short time. Occaisionally, we get a sitter and will just go to dinner then come home to just spend some nice quiet time without the kids. Life is hectic, so it's all those times with each of them that I cherish the most :)

Now I hope that those of you I tag will keep the award going. I would love to hear all the things that make you guys happy! I tag....

1. Bethany at The Grundvig's
2. Melissa at Enjoy...for these are the days (I know Hayley tagged her too, but oh well lol)
3. Angie at R & A Curtis
4. Erin at Derek and Erin
5. Joanna at The Carter Family

Have fun guys!

P.S. I took out my extensions today to give my hair a break, and I feel completely bald!!!! I need a trim, and we need to dye my hair again to make it match the extensions because my hair has faded.

1 comment:

Camille said...

Hey Angela! It Camille(Ryan). I came acrossed your blog. I don't blog anymore, even though I should(cause I love blogs!)But I really like this post. Its so important to remember each and every one of these things. This is a GREAT list. We have alot of thoughts in common...funny:) But as I read this it made me stop and think. So thanks for reminding me of what is important...cause its the little things. Have a great day!