Monday, December 14, 2009

I must be losing my mind :)

It's official I am losing my mind!!! Anthony has talked about doing the Ultimate Combat fighting since I met him (For those of you who don't know what that is, it's the Salt Lake version of UFC). I have always told him NO WAY!!! It's ok to watch other people do it, but there is no way I could watch my husband be up in that ring. Well lately he has been bugging about it more and more, so I finally gave in...well kind of. I told him that if I see him put in a good effort to train and workout for at least 2 months that we would talk about it after the 2 months is up. I don't want him to go in there clueless like some people do, and think that it's just like street fighting. It's way more technical than that, and I want to know that he has at least the basics to know what to do in the different circumstances he could be put into. He wants to lose more weight before he does it, so that he is in a lower weight class too. I don't want him starving to lose weight, so I told him he has to do that the healthy way too for me to consider giving into him doing it. That kind of makes me sound like a psycho wife, but really that's not what I am doing. I just want him to do things the right way, and not just jump into it because it looks like fun. I wanted him to stop after the first time if he loses, but he wants to do it at least one more time if he loses so he can try to improve on the things that caused his first loss for the second fight. I don't know where this is going to go, but I know I am going to be a nervous wreck if he does end up doing it!

2 comments:

Mark and Bethany said...

Scary, that would freak me out! It's kind of one of those times where you want your husband not to follow through, because then he won't do it!! That sounds really bad, keep us posted!

Hayley said...

Uh, that makes you a SMART wife!