Friday, December 25, 2009

I can't believe he is alive...God must be watching over him

You know how they say that God will never give us more than we can handle...well he must have a hell of a lot more faith in me than I have in myself. Guess what God, I have had more than I can take so PLEASE quit putting more on my plate!!!

Anth was on his way home from Grantsville Wednesday night when he hit some ice, and slammed into a tree going 45 MPH!!! He hit so hard that the steering wheel bent in towards the dashboard. A cop had someone pulled over just down the road, and as soon as he saw it happen he left that person and hurried to help Anth. He was unresponsive at first, and as they were about to start cutting him out of the vehicle he came to and was able to tell him he was ok. He walked away with nothing more than some bruising and a mild concussion. He has very little memory of it, but they aren't surprised by that. Just last night he remembered that when he hit it felt like someone hit him with a sledge hammer. Getting that call to meet them at the hospital was the worst call a wife could EVER receive. I swear to God after seeing my car on Thursday I don't know how he lived through it. He got extremely lucky!!! I wanted to puke when I saw it, and I have been having nightmares about the wreck over and over again. I can't tell you how thankful I am that my husband lived through something like that. We went to the accident site yesterday, and the tree didn't even sustain any damage. It was our only vehicle, so we are kind of SOL for a little while. I have already called insurance to get things processed as quickly as we can, but it won't be fast enough. My mom has helped us out by giving us rides the last few days and letting us use her car, but that's not something that's going to work forever. I contacted the company where we got our Trailblazer, and they have some SUV's with 3rd row seats that we might look into getting. We are kind of at a stand still though until we know what is going to be paid on our current loan. I really think I have prayed more in the last month than I ever have, and probably in the last couple days more than anything. I kept just thanking God that my husband was alive as I drove my mom's car to the hospital that night (she kept my kids, so they didn't have to see Anth in the hospital). I refuse to let my kids see this picture of our car, because I think it would freak them out worse than it did me. God and some guardian angels must have been watching over Anth that night. There is no other explanation of how he came out of that wreck. God believes that there is a reason Anth is on this Earth, because if he didn't he would have left us on Wednesday night :(


1 comment:

Mark and Bethany said...

Wow, I am so glad that he is okay. Let me know if I can help with anything. You guys are for sure in my prayers!