Thursday, December 10, 2009

Taking a que from Hayley...

Once in a while Hayley posts some random thoughts she is having, and right now I have about a million of them running through my head so I'm going to post mine too.

*Why is it that I can clean all day long, and by the next day or even within hours you can't even tell I cleaned???

*I feel like I have so much to do to get ready for Christmas still, and I don't even know where to start. We have been a little sidetracked, and although I had every intention of having my shopping done by now I don't. I have 1 gift for Dom and Tasia, and 2 for Syd. We haven't even started on stockings. I want to go shopping this weekend, but I don't want to put up with the crowds. Syd wants some shirts from Aeropostale though, so I may just have to suck it up and deal with it because they have their stuff 50-70% off right now. I'd be crazy to pass up a deal like that.

*Money is seriously the root of all evil! If life didn't revolve around who could afford to do what or get what with their money I think people wouldn't be nearly as stressed out or depressed, and the world would be a better place.

*I am sad to go say goodbye to my Aunt Jeri tonight. She is the last one of my mom's siblings here from out-of-state, but she leaves tomorrow so we are going to go over there and visit with her before she goes.

*I need a vacation!!! I need to just get away from here and focus on having a good time with my kids and my husband. When I am at home I stress so bad about everything, and I think getting away to a different environment would do us all some good.

*I love Christmastime!!! I don't like that it is so cold, but I love all of the traditions and the lights and spending time with family. Some of our traditions are: Christmas Eve pjs (just like a lot of other people), baking a cake for Jesus' birthday to remind my kids that Christmas is about more than just presents, breakfast casserole and orange julius on Christmas morning at my parents...there are a ton more, but I will stop there. I would love to hear about some of everyone elses traditions too!

*This holiday season is going to be a hard one, but I know if we are all there for each other we will make it through it. My mom is used to going to Ogden on Christmas Eve to pick up my Grandma, so she can come out here and spend Christmas with us. She even buys my Grandma a new pair of Christmas pjs like the rest of us. I want to try to think of something to keep her busy, so that she doesn't get too depressed on Christmas Eve thinking about all of that :( We bake the cake on Christmas Eve, but that doesn't take very long. Any ideas???

1 comment:

Hayley said...

Ha ha! Your random thoughts make way more sense than mine do.