Monday, May 11, 2009

What a long weekend!!! Super long post

I guess the best place to start is at my very adventrous start of our LONG weekend which was Friday. Anth worked to make up for missing when he was sick earlier in the week. I was tending Boston. Just as Chas got here my mom called me. At first I didn't plan to answer it, but had a feeling I needed to. She had called to tell me that my grandpa had blacked out while eating lunch, so his girlfriend called my Uncle Paul (who happens to be my grandpa's primary care physician) and he told her to bring him in. His oxygen was really low, but at that point my mom didn't know anything else and promised to call as soon as she did. About a half hour later I couldn't take it anymore and called her. She said they were doing an EKG, because they weren't sure what was going on. As were discussing the many options of what it could be my cousin came down and I hear my mom say "What?" and about 2 seconds later she says "He's having a hear attack! I gotta go!" *Click* Ya not so nice of a way to end a conversation! I sat here trying to work and not freak out! All I wanted to do was call my mom back and find out what was going on. I eventually caved and called back, and the ambulance was there to get my grandpa. At that point he was fine, and was telling the EMTs that he wasn't going to the hospital he was going dancing that night. Stubborn old man! To make an already long story a littler shorter after running tests (blood work, chest xrays, etc) they found out that he didn't have a heart attack, but that he has Bradycardia. It means his natural pacemaker is slowing down (his heart rate was in the low 30s all night), and when it slows down his blood isn't pumping right and that's what caused him to pass out. He has to call his cardiologist today, but they are going to be doing a pacemaker as soon as possible to help correct this problem.

Later that night we went to my cousin Michele's house for cake and ice cream for her birthday, and by the end of the night the only one of our kids who came home with us was Tasia. Dominic slept at my sister's, and Syd slept at my mom's.

Saturday we woke up with a million things to do for Syd's birthday party later that day (her actual birthday is Wednesday). We ate yummy cake and ice cream and Syd got spoiled! My parents got her a phone, and we are trying to regualte who she can and can't call and how often. She got Hannah Montana stuff (of course!) and a few outfits. She was thrilled with all of it! After everyone left we stayed to BBQ with my parents and just hang out for the night, so it was another late night for us and the kids!

Sunday I woke up to my cute kids giving me the gifts they made at school that they were so proud of! I love them! Their teachers were both very creative! Afterwards we went to my parents house to give my mom her gift, and so the kids could go to church with her like they do every Sunday. Our original plan was to go to Sandy to see Anth's mom and have cake and ice cream for his brother's birthday, but plans changed and at the very last minute we ended up going to his Aunt's house to BBQ there. I felt like all we did there was break up fights between kids, so it wasn't exactly relaxing but it's nice to be able to hang out with everyone. We did come home early from there though, so we could get the kids showered and try to wind down from all the craziness of this weekend!

1 comment:

Hayley said...

You guys eat A LOT of cake and ice cream!

Glad you had a good weekend!