Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Rude comments on KSL

My friend's nephew's mom was stabbed by her boyfriend the other night in SLC, and I just got on KSL to read the story and some of the comments people make kill me! The man who did it was a hispanic male, and most of the comments have made it a racial issue saying things like "I'm not surprised that a Mexican committed a crime like this" Okay first of all just because someone isn't WHITE doesn't mean they are going to committ such a hateful crime. White men and white women are just as likely to beat on their wives or husbands. What about the Lacy Peterson case, or even the Mark Hacking? Oh and what about the good little mormon family that the soon-to-be ex husband showed up at their mormon church and killed her in the parking lot??? EVERYONE no matter what race, age or religion is just as capable of committing a crime!!! A woman was stabbed and all people are concerned about is that a hispanic male did it. Where is the compassion in this world?! Maybe I take offense to it, because my husband is Spanish and I would never want people to assume that just because of his race he is a woman beater or whatever. Maybe it's just because I am not ignorant and I know that any human is capable of committing a crime regardless of what background they come from. People disgust me!

1 comment:

Hayley said...

Wow that sucks! I think with all this illegal immigration crap going on that people are just riled up more than usual. I also think that KSL is very political- meaning they report more on the Hispanic crimes than any other.