Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Scare of a lifetime!!!!

So after my post this morning I woke Syd up to get her ready for school, and we were talking about her nose hurting her. She asked me what the dr said about her getting nauseous, and I said she didn't say anything. Then she says "Mom everythings going black" I told her not to joke around like that, because that's scary and next thing I know she goes limp! She passed out!!! I caught her and set her on Tasia's potty training toilet, because it was right there and I was yelling for her to open her eyes. She did for a minute, but then they rolled back in her head again and she went out again. I picked her up and carried her to my bed, and she was so limp it was scary! I got her to come to again, but she was pale as a ghost and her pupils were huge. She kept telling me she was going to throw up and things were going black again. I made her keep talking to me while I tried to call my mom. She didn't answer, so I called the ER they didn't tell me anything. They couldn't even say that's normal with a head trauma or anything. I was so frustrated, and obviously freaking out. I finally got a hold of my mom, and she said to call my dr's office and get the number for the on call nurse. I do that and they didn't answer, so I left a message. While I am waiting my mom calls and says she's on her way here, so she can sit with Dom, Tasia and Boston so I can get Syd to the ER. At the ER the did an EKG and drew blood. After they drew blood Syd went white as a ghost again, got all clammy and nauseous. They said that is a normal reaction to the blood draw. All the tests checked out and she doesn't show any signs of brain trauma, so apparently it's just her reaction to the head trauma yesterday. They said to watch her, make her take it easy and if she starts acting confused and not like herself to bring her back in. It's so frustrating, because I just them to make her ok but there's nothing they can do. I never want to have to deal with her passing out like that again. I have NEVER been so scared in my life.! To top it all off the nurse from her dr's office never called me back either, so I am pissed off about that.

3 comments:

Henry Family said...

I hope she is going to be okay

Hayley said...

That is extremely scary. And who the hell is her doctor???

Melissa said...

That's awful!!! I'm sooo sorry you are going through this. (Man, your life is always crazy!) I would be so pissed about that doctor. How scary. I hope she gets feeling better.