Thursday, June 11, 2009

Just kidding

Well we thought Tasia was all better, but apparently not! She started coughing again on Tuesday and with the way things got last time I wasn't taking any chance so I called first thing Wednesday morning and got her in. The dr sent me to the hospital for chest xrays which was loads of fun with 4 kids by myself! The lady at the front desk made Tasia put on a mask, and as she's doing this she tells me there are confirmed cases of swine flu in Tooele. Nice and sensitive of her don't you think?!?!?! Anyway...so we all crammed into the xray room while I stand there helplessly and watch them make Tasia stand in a bunch of different positions to do her xrays, and then we pack up and head around to the back of the building so her dr can look at the xrays. Well sure enough her lungs still show pnuemonia, but no it couldn't be something we can treat with antibiotics...it's viral. So we are back to doing breathing treatments and inhalers all day long. I called my mom freaking out wondering how the hell my kid can keep getting this. I scrub my house with bleach all the time to get rid of germs, because I am a freak about them. I also don't go many places, because I am home with 4 kids all day long and it's just not convenient! My mom told me it probably never went away completely, and with her immune system being down from having pnuemonia it may have flared back up. It's still frustrating! I guess I should look on the bright side and realize it's not as bad as it was in the first place, and also that it could be a lot worse. I really am grateful that she has managed to stay out of the hospital with all of this, because there were a few times I wasn't so sure that was going to be the case :(

2 comments:

♥Andrea said...

One of my neighbors has the swine flu and I'm seriously freaked and I'm 8 1/2 month pregnant! So scary! I hope your little girl feels better, its miserable to watch your kids be sick.

Hayley said...

My stepfather grew up having pneumonia about once a year because his dad didn't believe in doctors. But after getting it once- he was more prone to it. Of course, he's old, so things are easier now ;D

Hope she feels better soon! And that woman should know better than to freak you out about the swine flu- it's just a new strain of flu. It's not that big a deal if people are smart and take care of themselves. JEEZ.