Monday, June 15, 2009

Busy as usual

We had a very busy weekend! Friday we got to just hang out at home (thank goodness!), but after that it was nothing but GO, GO, GO! Saturday we had my cousin Stephanie's wedding to go to at This Is The Place Heritage Park right across from Hogle Zoo. My parents left at 11 (we were leaving at 3), because they were suppose to go pick up my grandma in Ogden for it. Well I'm sure everyone knows about the scary wreck that happened on I80, so plans changed a little. My parents were caught in traffic for 3 1/2 hours!!! They barely made it in time for the ceremony. My dad told us maybe we should try going through Middle Canyon and over into Butterfield, so we didn't get stuck too. We did, and I will NEVER do that again!!! A lot of people decided to come back to Tooele that way, and since it is a narrow road it was way scary. We were on a cliff. I'm talking complete drop that looked like it never ended kind of cliff, and I am scared to death of heights so imagine having to drive our car as close to the edge as possible to fit another car by us. It didn't work out so well I wanted to puke I was so freaked out! We didn't make it in time for the ceremony unfortunately, but we did make it for the luncheon and pictures (even though most of my family...everyone but me and Tasia) somehow disappeared so they didn't have to get into the pictures. After that we headed to Anth's parents house in Sandy for a birthday party for his mom. The kids ate cake and ice cream and fresh strawberries out of their garden, and we just hung out at visited with everyone. We were all exhausted after our adventurous day, so we left about 10 and came home.

Sunday morning we got up and took the kids to my mom for church, and went to help my sister move for the millionth time lol She seriously moves more than anyone I know! She just barely moved into her place back in November, but it's $1200 a month for rent so she needed something less expensive. We had some issues with getting the right size of ball for our hitch that last took us about an hour to deal with, so by that time the kids were done with church and we had to take them with us to help move because my parents were taking their waverunners out to Willard Bay for a short trip. We had quite a few people to help move her, so it only took 2 loads but we got rained on the whole time. The kids were bored, but there wasn't much they could do. When we got to my sister's new place (it's only like 3 blocks away from her old one) the boys discovered her bed won't fit upstairs. She says she's going to have to get a new one, but she's sad because she loves her bed :( I am trying to convince her to sell her bed to us, because we needed one really bad! Oh and I love her bed too lol It's huge and it's really pretty.

So that was our exciting weekend. We were going pretty much nonstop as usual. Hopefully this week isn't nearly as busy!

No comments: