Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My poor Syd :(

I got a call from Syd's school yesterday about 10 minutes before school let out saying that Syd was hit in the nose :( They said she was covered in blood and that the bus won't let her on like that so someone needed to go get her. I packed up the kids (Dom, Tasia and Boston), and headed over. I didn't think much of it, but when I saw her I couldn't believe how much blood was on her clothes! She was covered all down her shirt and her shorts. The secretary said that she was clean compared to what she was. They said she had blood covering her face, all down her clothes, all down her legs and even on her shoes. Apparently she was walking around the school grounds and some kid wasn't paying attention while he was running and ran right into her, and his head hit her nose. Ouch huh! Anyway... Syd gets bloody noses easy, but never that bad so obviously I was a little worried. My mom told me I should call the dr and see if they thought maybe she should be seen. I did and yes they did, but they didn't have any appointments available so I had to go to the after hours. I wasn't too thrilled about that, because Syd's final softball game was suppose to be last night and she didn't want to miss it. Her nose being taken care of came first though. So we get there and things actually went pretty quick. She does have some whiplash from her head being thrown back during the hit. The dr said it's possible her nose has a break in it, but it's not a break that has caused her nose to go competely crooked. We are suppose to watch it and once the swelling goes down make sure it isn't even a little crooked. We also have to watch for any signs she's having a hard time breathing, or that she doesn't get a severe headache that won't go away. If either of those do happen we have to get her into her ENT. The dr also said she will be more prone to nosebleeds until it heals (which with her being prone to nosebleeds already should be loads of fun). Sure enough we come home (her game was cancelled because of our lovely weather last night) and Syd was in the shower no more than 5 minutes and she gets a nosebleed. We get it to stop, she jumps back in and less than a minute later she gets another one! I told her to shower as fast as she could, because they obviously were going to continue because of the hot water, then rinse off any blood that ran down her and we would get it to stop for good when she got out. I knew if she kept jumping out everytime it started up she'd never finish her shower. As of last night when she went to bed there were no other problems other than a headache that was starting to get better with the tylenol. Today is her last day of school, so I am keeping my fingers crossed she can make it through without any bloody noses!

2 comments:

Mark and Bethany said...

If it's not one thing it's another!!!

Hayley said...

KIDS=DISASTER MAGNETS.

I'm inventing a kid-proof bubble that dissolves when they turn 18. Want one??