Friday, June 12, 2009

:(

Sydney told me she hates me for the first time today. I couldn't believe it. I know every kid tells their parent that at some point in their life, but I really was shocked when she did. I cried. I didn't yell at her. I didn't even know what to say I just cried and told her she needed to go to her room. I remember when I was little if my mom hadn't yelled at me I wished she would, because that was so much better than seeing her hurt. I'm sure that's what Syd felt today, because she immediately apologized and said she was just mad and she really does love me. I called my mom and cried to her. She felt bad for me, but she said she remembers when I first told her I hated her too and how bad it sucked! Then when I called the kids for lunch Syd brought me a note that said..." To mom: I love you so, so much! I'm sorry I said I hated you! Love, Sydney" That made me feel a little better, but it's still something I'll never forget for as long as I live :(

2 comments:

Hayley said...

Oh that would break my heart! I'm glad she is so mature and tried to apologize and comfort you immediately instead of sulking and letting it drag out. My bet is, she'll never tell you that again.

It's so weird to look back and remember telling your parents that.

Mark and Bethany said...

Sad, I'm so sorry! You know she loves you it's just those darn hormones!!!