Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Dumb rules!

Both of the kids had a great first day...well except when the principal stopped Syd and said they aren't allowed to wear flip flops. What kind of dumb rule is that?!?! That's all my kids own really. They have a couple of other pairs of shoes, but the majority of their shoes to match their clothes are flip flops. Other very interesting rules Syd told me about are...no binders, no folders from home unless they are kept in your backpack and no pencil boxes. All of which (besides the binder) I bought for Syd. Next year I'm not buying anything as far as school supplies until after the first day, because obviously I didn't need to waste my money this year.

I am on my 2nd day of cleaning for inspection, and I have decided I have a love/hate relationship with inspection.

*I love that someone is coming to my house to inspect it, so that I have to do nothing but focus on cleaning (mostly anyways) until it's perfect

*In the same sense though I HATE that someone is coming to my house to inspect it, because I feel like I am being evaluated

*I hate that I only get about a week (if that) notice to clean for inspection, because once I see those papers I am on a rampage! I organize closets, clean walls, clean blinds, scrub floors, clean carpets, clean out cupboards, clean out and organize my fridge...I do a whole spring cleaning, and to be honest I would love if they gave me at least 2 weeks notice so I could spend one day focusing on each room

*I love having inspections, because although I am a clean person I don't have time all the time to do all this deep cleaning that I do for inspections and I love having every little thing in my house clean and organized!

1 comment:

Hayley said...

So I personally think the schools have gotten out of hand with some of these rules. For starters, that stupid attendance rule at the high school and junior highs that completely takes control away from parents.

And I can see the flip flops rule because they don't want any injuries to toes or those certain dirty kids coming to school with their nasty unwashed stinky feet nauseating the class, but the supply thing is just ridiculous. What's next- metal detectors for the kindergartners?