Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Change in plans

This weekend we were suppose to go to West Haven for my step-sister's wedding, but my sister had to schedule my nephews baptism around his dad's 2 week trip here from Iraq so there has been a change in plans. Since Anth and I are his Godparents we definitely have to be there! I'm really excited that we get to be his Godparents, and I am so touched that my sister trusts us enough to be his Godparents. I am a little nervous for the baptism itself. I don't know why. It's not like we have to do a whole lot, and there is a book that you sit there and read during the baptism that says Godparents say: (insert saying here). It really is step-by-step, but I am still a little nervous. It'll be a good thing though. I have to figure out when I can get to Salt Lake to get him a cross, and take it to the Father to have it blessed, but I am Superwoman so I'm sure I can figure it out between tending, cleaning, birthday parties (tonight and Friday) and school shopping lol

On a different note...we have decided not to send Tasia to preschool this year. The class for 3 year olds is kind of a waste of time. They teach them colors and how to say the alphabet (all things she has known for over a year now). So I am going to be doing a little "preschool time" with her at home everyday, and we will send her to an actual class next year. Does anyone know where I can find some good books with ideas for preschool lessons and activities I can do with her?

No comments: