Monday, December 29, 2008

New Years Resolution

I can't believe that 2008 is already so close to being over! I swear it just started. We obviously have been unbelievably busy, and that's why it has gone by so fast. We had our ups and downs, but it's been an amazing year because we have been through it all together. We have tried many new things this year. Syd and Dom both started there first years of softball and teeball. Sydney is still on the fence about whether or not it's something she would like to continue to do, but Dominic has found his talent! That boy has an arm on him like you would not believe, and who better to teach him then his own dad who also loves baseball. Tasia's new big milestone this year has been being potty trained! It helps so much to not have to buy diapers as much (she still wears a diaper at night). Anthony and I have loved watching our kids grow and change this year, and can't wait to see all the things they have coming in their lives. This year we have also figured out who is truly there for us, and who are people that are better off just being acquaintances. Thank you to all of you who have been there during our times of need even if it was just to sit and listen when we needed it! You are all truly amazing!

So tonight I was sitting here trying to think of what my New Years Resolutions could be, and this is what I came up with....

1. Lose weight...I don't think I know anyone who doesn't have this on their list as a New Years Resolution. I know it has been on mine pretty much since I had Syd!

2. Be more patient! Now I'm not one of those people who flies off the handle at things, but I can become frustrated with things more often than I want to so I plan to work on that to better myself.

3. Not worry so much about my house, and spend more time creating memories with my kids. I read on a friends blog how she wishes she would get down and play with her kids more instead of telling them wait until I'm done with the dishes or other such tasks. It got me thinking, and I want to do the same. I am obsessive compulsive, so it definitely won't be an easy task but my kids won't stay little for long so for now I am going to play Ants in the Pants and Chutes and Ladders and let the dishes or mopping or whatever else needs to be done until my kids are in bed or while they are at school.

4. Let go of a little control. Again I am obsessive compulsive, so things have to be just the way I like them in pretty much every aspect of my life or it drives me crazy and in some cases even gives me anxiety, so I am going to take baby steps and learn to let loose a little more and not expect everything to be perfect in "my" way!

....well there you go. That's my little list for now, and I may come up with a few more but I think those are a pretty good start. I hope all of you have a wonderful and safe new year. I would love to hear what some of your resolutions are also :)

3 comments:

Mark and Bethany said...

I love your resolutions, I think I could add them all to my list!! How is Anthony's job going? How's watching kids at home? I hope it's worked out. My two big resolutions are to lose weight. Still doing
P90X and will start Weight Watchers on the 9th. And to figure out a way to get along with my step-son. I have no idea where to start that one, but here's hoping I figure it out!!

Mark and Bethany said...

Oh, he's freaking out of control. I don't even want him in my house anymore! Blended family stuff sucks! But that'sokay, this year I will make it better!

Melissa said...

you are so stinkin cute!!! It's so true about the little ones... they are going to grow up and then you'll have all this time to have a perfect house but you won't have someone begging to be rocked to sleep. I'm so glad things are going great for you and Anthony. Its funny how life changes and you realize who really is important. And I love that you did that survey thingy. Its fun to learn about others. Happy New Years!