Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

I am getting ready for a busy couple of days as I'm sure the rest of you are! Tomorrow I have to clean the house, so that my mom can come over Christmas morning to eat breakfast and watch our kids open presents from Santa. Then we have to bake cookies to put out for Santa. We also have to bake a cake for Jesus. Yes I said for Jesus! My mom started a tradition with my kids a few years ago to remind them that Christmas isn't just about Santa it's also about celebrating Jesus's birthday. So every year on Christmas Eve we bake a cake, let the kids help decorate it and then we sing happy birthday and the kids blow out the candles. It's a simple, but fun way to remind the kids what the holiday is really about. Not to mention the fact that the kids look forward to it every year!

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

That's brilliant!! Austyn is 4 and so I'm like, its a good time to start teaching her that the season isn't just for santa. That is such a great idea and it gets the kids excited! I love it! Merry Christmas!