Friday, August 1, 2008

My baby boy is growing up :(

K I am having real issues the last couple of days, because my son (my middle child and major mamas boy) is growing up. Yesterday in the mail I got the paper to tell us when his kindergarten testing is, and when we will meet his teacher. I knew it was coming, but I am still sad that my son is at that stage. He's going to be gone more often, and I can't keep him right here with me anymore :( Then today he went with a friend to McDonald's to have a lunch/playdate, and when he came home he asked if he could sleepover at that friends. He has had sleepovers at family members houses, but this will be his first sleepover at a friends house. It's right across the street from my house, but I am just not quite ready for my baby boy to be so grown up and not need me as much!

2 comments:

Carters said...

I know just how you feel. I actually started crying yesterday when I took all the paperwork into Dill's school. That and he really wants to ride the bus. It has been me and him all day everyday so it is going to be hard not having him here during the day with me. They have all day here. 7 til 2!! I am not ready for him to be so grown up and start school yet either!

The Quintana Family said...

Dom will ride the bus too, and he can't wait. It makes me sad though! The bus leaves here at 8:15, and he will get home about 12. It's not all day, but it's long enough!