Sunday, August 10, 2008

Finally a night to ourselves!

Last night my mom took the kids overnight for us for the first time in 3 months! It was so nice. Don't get me wrong I love my kids with all my heart and soul, and I love being with them but all of you mom's (especially those of us who stay home 24/7 and never get breaks) know that it's nice to get away sometimes! Last night was seriously perfect though. No we didn't go out to some fancy restraunt, and we didn't go out to a party or a club or even drink for that matter. We dropped the kids off around 5, and just went to La Frontera for dinner. Good, but cheap. Then we stopped by Aunt Tammy's house for a minute to visit. We left there and were home by 830 or 9. We turned on a movie, and just relaxed! We didn't have to go anywhere, we didn't have to break up any fights between the kids, or tuck Tasia in 20 times...we just did NOTHING! It was perfect!!! We went to bed when we felt like it completely uninterrupted. We slept without having anyone come tell us they needed to potty or get a drink. We just slept. Those of you who are parents of any age of kids no exactly how I feel, and why all of this is such a big deal. We ended up sleeping until 11 or so, but just laid there and watched some show until like noon. My mom brought the kids home around 1, so we had to get up and shower. Having an uninterrupted shower was nice too. I usually have someone coming in tattling on the other one, or asking for something that for some reason could not possibly wait 2 more minutes until I am out of the shower. I guess this was our way of making up for not being able to go out for our anniversary. Hopefully it won't be another 3 months before we can do it again, because it was exactly what I needed!

2 comments:

Carters said...

That is great!! I know how you feel, I love my kids too but someone invited me to a Mary Kay convention and even though I don't like Mary Kay or makeovers I am going just to get away for a little while!!

James and Michelle Quintana said...

Im glad you finaly got some alone time you guys needed it bad! I bet thats not all you did HAHA jk