Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I need an opinion...

I have had a few days to cool down, but now I want some opinions! Sydney went to Lagoon the other day with a friend of mine for her daughters birthday. She hadn't been to Lagoon since she was 3, so I warned my friend she was nervous for the big rides. My friend assured me they would start her on some small ones first. Sounds great right. Well they didn't, but that isn't even my issue. My issue is that Sydney not only HATED the big rollercoasters and stufff, but they also made her motion sick. She was about to puke on them, so apparently she is going to need dramamine everytime we go do something like that. So anyway...there were a few rollercoasters that everyone wanted to go on and Syd didn't. There were 5 adults and 2 kids. Those 5 adults took that 1 other child and went on 3 different rides while leaving my 9 year old to sit by herself and watch their stuff such as sunglasses, water bottles and cigarettes. I am not happy that they made her sit by herself at such a busy place!!! She is definitely not old enough for that, and I would NEVER leave my child or anyone elses for that matter sitting by herself. I don't care if I had to sit out those rides it's just not something you do. She could have been kidnapped! They were lucky she wasn't. Then there is the fact that they make her watch their cigarettes! She isn't old enough to be in possession of cigarettes, and if you want to take on that disgusting habit by all means go right ahead, but you don't leave my child to attend to your crap while you go have fun! When I told my mom about this she freaked out!!! She said it was all she could do to not leave work and go talk to this friend of mine and that if I don't say something to her she will. I love my friend to death, but I just feel this was beyond careless. Am I overreacting?

6 comments:

Mark and Bethany said...

You need to look at your friendship and see your friends attitude as to how they are going to take it. I would talk to them too, for sure, but do it when your not upset. You have to take away the emotion, probably even talking about the cigarettes, that's not the issue. The issue is leaving a 9 year old by herself. Focus on that! Syd needs to see that you will can can stand up for her and you will only be more angry if you stay quiet. Best of luck to you!!!

PS. Off the subject...where did you get married? Wasn't it at a park in Stansbury? Did you have to rent it, pay for it?? All that stuff. My brother is looking to renew his vows and we need a good place to do it.

Henry Family said...

You are not overreacting. I can understand wanting to go on the rides, but be an adult and make the right choice. If she was that concerend about having a fun time she should not have taken Syd with her or anyother kids for that fact. Also, to watch her cigs. that is bad. Be a good friend and tell her how you feel, maybe she leaves her kids without suppervision but that is something that you do not do. Good luck

Gina said...

"Unlurking" here:

I don't even have kids yet...and I don't think you're overreacting. What in the H. My niece, Maia, will be 9 in September. I'd bust some skulls if someone left her alone like that.

Hayley said...

OH I'd be pissed. But I have an irrationally bad temper, so there you go.

Good luck!

Melissa said...

Yikes. Poor thing. I would be upset also. Thats your baby and they leave her alone so they can enjoy themselves. As a parent you are responsible for all in your group and obviously they didn't feel that way. I would definatly talk to your friend so she knows where you are coming from. And that will help you decide the next time she gets invited to do something with that friend. good luck

Carters said...

Ok I don't think you are overreacting at all. But take it from me because I just went through a thing similar with one of my best friends. I didn't say anything and just held it in and the anger just grew and grew every time I saw here because that is all I could think of until finally I just lost it over something really stupid. We are not talking right now. I think if I would have said something sooner before I let the anger build it would have been alot better.