Monday, March 15, 2010

I have to go to what?!?!?!

Last Friday my sweet Sydney had her maturation program at school. She was nervous, as were the other girls I'm sure, but she already knew about most of the stuff anyway, because we have talked a little about growing up before. When I got there and sat down I looked around, and I swear to you I was the only mother under the age of 40!!! I felt like I should be taking the stupid class, and not a parent to a child in the class. When the girls walked in they were all scared to death. I remember feeling that way for my own maturation program, so of course I had some sympathy for Syd. When the nurse actually started talking though, and she said the word nipples there was about 50 shades of red on the girls faces throughout the room. Then the lady breaks out a pair of underwear, and shows them how to put on a pad and the girls all but climbed under their chairs. The did not want to even look at the nurse LMAO! They got off lucky though, and all they had to walk out with was a cookie and a cup of water not a pack of pads like we did when I was little! I was laughing when I came home and started to tell Anth about it, but he was as bad as the little girls were at listening without being embarrassed.

2 comments:

Hayley said...

LOL I remember just worrying that my mom would pick on me to answer questions...

~Angie~ said...

Ahaha... That's so funny... and reading this, i remember MY maturation program.. I was mortified that my mom was sitting there next to me... I think it makes it worse to have the parents there... Poor kid... she doesn't even know what she's in for! Are you ready?!?! ;)