Wednesday, March 31, 2010

How much leisure time do SAHM's really have?

I was flipping through the channels yesterday, and I saw that Dr Phil was about how much time mom's really have of leisure time so I decided to watch it. Some Professor did a study, and according to him mom's have 30-40 hours of leisure time. 30-40 hours...are you kidding me????? I would love to find the mom who has that much leisure time on her hands to find out what I am doing wrong. Even if all of my kids were in school all day long I wouldn't have that much time to myself. There is always cleaning, laundry, cooking, errands and other things to do. I don't usually have 10 minutes of leisure time to myself, let alone 30-40 hours. Even when I am exercising I am telling kids to quit messing with something, or to quit fighting with each other. My schedule is like this everyday....

7:00 Boston comes
7:20-8:00 wake Syd and Dom up and get them ready for school
8:00 Get Tasia breakfast
8:30 Get Boston and Tasia ready for the day
9:00 My nephew gets here
9:15-11:00 Do dishes, sweep and mop, clean bathrooms, start laundry, vaccum and dust
11:00 Make kids lunch
11:30 Lay kids down for naps
12:00 Exercise
12:30-1:30 Shower and get ready for the day
1:30 Change laundry, fold and put laundry away
2:00 Kids usually wake up from nap
2:15 Get kids a snack
3:30 Syd and Dom come home. Do homework
4:00 Start dinner
5:00 Anth gets home. Eat dinner
6:00 Start kids shower and bedtime routines
8:00 Kids go to bed
8:15 Wash Anth's work clothes
9:00 Go to bed

....That doesn't include changing diapers, breaking up fights, helping kids clean up toys they take out and baseball practice!!! Now tell me where do these supposed moms find 30-40 hours of leisure time, because I don't see where that would fit in with my schedule at all.

No comments: