Thursday, January 7, 2010

Personalities, likes and dislikes

On my blog I always seem to document the things we are doing, but not really any individual person and the things they like or dislike or their own personalities. It's something that I want to remember as they grow, so my goal for this year is to at least every 3 months update on those things that make my kids who they are. I will probably focus on Anth too, but I'm not one to talk about myself much so you won't get much of the ins and outs of Angela.

Today I will start with Syd...

Sydney has such a tender heart. She loves everyone, and she treats everyone very well (except maybe her brother, they fight ALL the time). She gets her feelings hurt really easily, so you have to be careful what you do or say so she doesn't take it out of context. She is also very careful not to hurt other peoples feelings, because if she does she also gets upset. She is an amazing reader, and is well above her grade level at it. She doesn't throw anything away, and sometimes that's one of our biggest fights but she'll learn as she gets older. Syd loves to spend time with family. Family movie nights are some of her favorite times. She is starting to become quite a bit more mature. She is right at the age where she isn't a kid anymore, but isn't quite a teen. She still loves some toys, but is growing out of most of them. She has taken quite a major liking to Aeropostale clothes and peace signs lately. All she wanted for Christmas were shirts from Aeropostale, so she was kind of hard to shop for because we didn't want her to not have something to play with when Tasia and Dom asked for a bunch of toys. Syd is REALLY into music! She constantly has her radio going, or has a cd playing while she is in her room. She knows the words to the songs I listen to more than I do now. On New Year's Eve we were watching the thing in Time Square and a song came on I had never even heard, and Syd knew every word to it. It kind of made me feel old lol She also loves to dance around, and just be goofy. We are going to put her in a cheerleading group out here, because it would be perfect for her! Sydney is getting pretty tall! She is my long and skinny girl. I sat on the floor by her the other day, and she was as tall as me sitting. I'm pretty sure she will pass me up one day :( Syd is also pretty indecisive. She does better not to have too many options to chose from, because if she does it could take a while for her to choose. She always wants to be sure that she makes the right decision, so she wavers back and forth between things a lot. I think that pretty much sums her up for now. She is my beautiful preteen, and although I am sad to see her grow I can't wait to see the things she will continue to accomplish as she grows up!

1 comment:

Hayley said...

Preteen?! Shuh. She's an early teen. Holy moly. She's going to be a brilliant career chick someday, I think.