Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Looking forward to a fun weekend!

Last weekend Anth, myself, my mom and our kids went to the Pankratz Pumpkin Patch (I will post pics when I get my camera cord back from my mom). We got 2 big pumpkins, and I decided that wasn't enough so when we stopped by Walmart later that day I bought 2 more. I wanted to carve them right away, but Anth was able to convince me to wait because we didn't want them to rot before Halloween. SO...our plan is to carve them this weekend!!! I can't wait. I love having that time as a family! As gross as it feels we have some good times and good talks while digging up to our elbows in pumpkin gunk LOL Last year I had the genius idea to do the patterns. We let the kids each pick one, and we carve the one they pick for them (last year Sydney picked the hardest pattern in the book, so I let Anth do that one LOL). I swore that this year we weren't going to do patterns, because they were kind of a pain in the neck but apparently I forgot how big of a pain they were because I bought more patterns for us to do this year. After we carve our pumpkins we roast the seeds, and will probably just sit down and watch a movie together and eat seeds. Saturday afternoon we will be going to the Halloween carnival at the Complex. The kids are all excited to wear their coscumes (that's what Tasia calls costumes), and be able to play games and eat treats! Sounds like the perfect weekend to me :) I wish it would hurry up and get here!

1 comment:

Carters said...

Sounds like fun. You sound like me, I hate carving pumpkins or even decorating for Halloween but it is a great way to spend time as a family so I give in and do it. We carved our pumpkins already and this morning when I took Dill to school I noticed they were already falling apart because of being rotten, so now Dillon thinks we need to go to the store and get more to carve. But we are going to wait til Andy gets home on Thursday to do that.