Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Just the way I wanted it to be....

This past weekend turned out to be exactly what I wanted it to be! On Friday we did I usual running errands, and then we spent the rest of the evening watching movies. Then Saturday morning we got up and got the kid all dressed up in their costumes (again still haven't gotten my camera cord from my mom, so I will have to put up pics later). Then we were off to the Halloween carnival. It was PACKED! They had games everywhere for the kids, hot dogs to eat and cookies to decorate. I am a little sad though, because when we went to get the kids pictures taken their printer was having issues and they weren't sure how long it would be before it was fixed, so we didn't get to do pictures there. After the carnival we came home to relax for a few, and then it was pumpkin carving time! Yet again Syd picked the hardest pattern in the book, so Anthony did it. Once he was done with that though he was DONE! He had enough, so I was left with 3 pumpkins to carve. My parents came over to visit while we carved pumpkins, and we all watched Hulk (Tasia's new favorite phrase is "HULK SMASH!"). On Sunday we spent the day watching movies and relaxing too. We are huge movie buffs LOL All in all I think it was the perfect weekend, and I can't wait to go out trick-or-treating with the kids on Friday.

Today I started watching my friend's nieces while her sister goes to school, and I must say the thought of 5 kids (ages 8, 5, almost 3, 2 and almost 2) scared me a little. Out of those 5 kids 4 of them are girls, and I'm sure you all know how girls can be....like I said a little scary! However, I am pleasantly surprised. Tasia loves having other girls her age to play with, and these girls not only do really well with entertaining themselves but in the last 5 hours I have only had to break up 1 fight. Amazing huh! Also I must say that the bond between these 2 girls is phenomonal! I've seen a sisterly bond before, but nothing like the 2 of them. It is so sweet to watch. They take care of each other, and play with each other better than I have seen any kids play together. Now I don't have false hope that everyday will be perfect, because even the best behaved kids have their bad days but I do have to say that if they are like this and have bad days once in a while the bad days will be much easier to deal with.

No comments: