Thursday, May 13, 2010

10 years ago...

Ten years ago yesterday I was celebrating my 18th birthday with dinner at Melina's and watching "Where the Heart Is" while timing contractions! Interesting experience to say the last. I went home after the movie to try to get some sleep, but at about 3 in the morning Sydney had a different plan for me. I got up, took a bath and my mom called my dr and we were told to come into the hospital. After a few hours being monitored they were planning to send me home. I was not a happy camper!!! Again Sydney had different plans....she moved away from the monitor and they lost her heartbeat. When they found it again it wasn't as strong as they would have liked, so it was decided that I would have her that day! There I was barely 18 and scared to death, and I had a nurse who panicked with every little issue that came up. Not a good combination. She had me in tears by 10 that morning, because she rushed in and said , "You just bought yourself a c-section!" WHAT?!?!?! Last time I checked you can't just "buy" yourself a c-section, and could she not tell how scared I was anyway and that maybe she should be a little more sensitive! I was EXTREMELY happy when she went off duty (Funny little side not though...she ended up being my nurse with both Dominic and Tasia too, but I LOVED her those times.) Regardless of what she thought I did not have a c-section. At 10:06 PM May 13, 2000 I gave birth to a gorgeous 5 lb 9 oz baby girl! I was scared to death when I found out I was pregnant, but from the minute she was born I didn't know what I would do without her. I love you Miss Sydney Elizabeth Busico! You have changed me for the better, and I don't know what I would do without you. Happy Birthday sweetheart!!!!

2 comments:

Hayley said...

Wow, she was tiny! Maybe the nurse was a newbie then, lol...

you are probably one of the strongest women i know. you had a baby at such a young age, and unlike so many teen moms, you are an awesome mother. she is a total success, ang.

Happy birthday, Syd!

The Quintana Family said...

Thanks Hayley! It always feels good to hear that other people think you are good mom, because it's hard not to doubt yourself sometimes.