Friday, February 5, 2010

Have a good weekend

I hope everyone has a great weekend. I've got a busy one ahead as usual. Saturday I am going to my cousin's baby shower with my mom in Ogden. After that she is taking me to the hospital out there, because my old step-dad (my mom and him were married from the time I was 6 until I was 13) isn't doing so well. They found out a couple of weeks ago that he has cancer, and it has spread extremely fast. In less than a year it has spread through basically his whole torso area and more. Anyway...he had a biopsy done Monday, and wasn't stable afterwards and has to stay in the hospital for a while. He only has an 8% chance to live with the cancer even, so I definitely need to get up there to see him. It's scary and hard, because it's been a lot like the situation with my Grandma. They said he had gallstones, he isn't eating and is starting to become dillusion, etc. It's making it all a little hard to deal with. On a brighter note, Syd is probably going ice fishing with my dad Saturday, and Anthony will be cleaning out the garage. Then Sunday, of course, is the Superbowl and I am pretty sure we are going to my parents to eat munchies and hang out. Neither of us are big football fans, and neither one of the teams is even the team Anth likes, but it'll still be nice to get together and hang out with family. I need to go start scrubbing the house (another inspection is coming next week). I have already warned Anth that when I pick him up today I probably won't even be showered yet...pretty nasty huh!!!

No comments: