Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What's going on in the Quintana household???

Lots is going on around here as usual. Last week my step-dad passed away. He has been fighting cancer for about a year now, but they only found out last month that he had it. He was given 6-8 weeks left at that point, and he only made it 2. I had lost touch with him until recently, but I am very glad I was able to get in touch with him again before he passed away. As sad as it is that he is gone, I am glad that he is no longer suffering. The last 2 or 3 months were pure misery for him. My mom and I were able to go see him a couple of weeks ago, and I am happy to have had that last visit with him. We will be heading to Ogden this Saturday for his funeral :(

Then yesterday my mom found out she has a form of skin cancer. She had a mole looked at last week that her dr decided to biopsy, and it's cancerous. It isn't deadly, but it will be recurring. I am just sick of that stupid word cancer all together. It has claimed too many people in my life, and I hate it. It also makes me scared to death that I could get it since it is obviously so common in my family.

On a lighter note, my sister came over yesterday to pick up my nephew and she brought her stuff to wax my eyebrows. While we were at it we did Syd's for the first time too. She looks so much more grown up to me! See for yourself.....



I know she is only 9, but when you have an aunt who does that stuff for a living and you have your sperm donors bushy eyebrows/unibrow you have to tame them! We have started doing stuff to both my girls young. My sister likes to play with their hair. Tasia had highlights when she was only 2, and Syd had them for the 1st time at 3 and has had them quite a few times since. It's fun to do little girly things like that with them. Syd loves her eyebrows. I think they have always made her a little self-concious.

No comments: